We didn’t say how many websites are out there. That number would be 1,859,599,924 and increasing every second. By our definition there are six different types of websites. These are broad categories ranging from the very basic to those that are custom designed for very specific business applications.
- Static (non-editable) Brochure Websites A brochure website is often just an online extension of your sales collateral noting the who, what and where of your business. Most small businesses start out with a basic website that expands as their online marketing and customer interface requirements grow.
- Editable Brochure Websites This type of website is built on a basic content management platform (CMS) that allows for minimal changes to be made to the website’s content, normally just text and images.
- Editable, Dynamic Websites Content management systems used in these sites allow for greater functionality to be built into the website including photo galleries and editable contact forms. This can allow for greater user engagement requiring logins and the ability to download information. These types of sites are still self-managed through the CMS.
- E-commerce Websites These websites allow for the buying and selling of products online. They are integrated with a payment system like Paypal, Amazon or a bank. E-commerce websites require ongoing data management and knowledge of online security protocols.
- Custom Websites Some businesses need websites that can interact with their customers using complex databases, online interfaces, and other specific applications. For these websites custom coding must be created requiring more programming sophistication and knowledge.
- Mobile Device Websites The use of mobile devices; i.e. smart phones, tablets, watches, is everywhere. Any type of website you create needs to be mobile friendly. This might entail creating a separate site designed for mobile devices only. Mobile sites are designed to adjust image sizes, format content blocks, and minimize bandwidth requirements to display the webpage most efficiently.
Which Type of Website is Right for My Business?
As you might expect the type of website, and what you will need to spend on it, depends on what you want to accomplish with your website and the requirements you outline. Is it an information only website? Will your customer’s engage with your business using your website, and how? Will it need to interface with third party applications? Do I expect my application needs to change over time? Once you’ve outlined how the website will support your business model, you will know the answer to this question.
Abstract Creatives Can Help Assess Your Website Needs
Abstract Creatives offers a free consultation to assess your website requirements. Once these are determined, Abstract will work with you to create a website that meets your needs. We specialize in custom CMS design that focuses on easy backend edits for our clients. Our websites also include:
- Built with SEO in mind
- Mobile Responsive designs
- Training with all website design packages
- On-site developer
- Custom coding using HTML, PHP, Windows ASP.NET
- Offer website hosting with redundant backups
- Familiar with CMS platforms: Wordpress, Joomla, Magento, OctoberCMS, Weebly, others.
- 24/7 support
- IT and Web support from one source
Abstract Creatives has created many websites for their customers. We can create anything from a static html website to a full custom PHP site. Whatever your needs, we can provide you with the right product.